1. Name the evergreen hedge that has created many a neighbourly dispute?
The monkey puzzle tree originates from which country?
3. The RHS Flower show at Tatton Park is in what county?
4. What yellow flowering tree is poisonous?
5. What is a Whip?
6. Kale, Cauliflower, Brussels sprouts are all what type of Vegetable?
7. A Shepherd’s purse is a type of what?
8. What county did Capability Brown come from?
9. If a snail climbed up a 12’ wall
at a rate of 3’ a day but slipped down 2’ every night.How many days will it take to reach the top?
sort of plant is a truffle?
11. Who composed “the flight of the bumblebee”?
12. A kumquat is a fruit but is it a gooseberry, plum, or an orange?
13. What sort of Vegetable are the following.
Marfona, Romano, Pentland, Javelin?
14. What popular pudding is made from the root of the Cassava plant?
15. What is the most common type of plant in the World?
tree produces conkers?
17. What is the name given to very small Japanese trees grown in pots?
18. What flower bulb can be used in place of onions in cooking?
19. What is the popular name for the
20. What is the function of the leaves on a plant?
Russo from Northampton grew a 30’ high Sunflower. What did he feed it with? Tea Coffee or Vodka?
22. How long was the world longest parsnip? 3’,
12’ or 15’?
23. What crop is the Colorado Beetle best known for attacking?
24. Is Broccoli part of the Cabbage, Lettuce or Leek family?
25. Penstemons flourish it what type of conditions. Dry, Windy,
Wet or Humid?
26. Where do most species of Clematis originate. Australia, China & Japan, South America or Europe?
27. A Water melon contains 6% sugar by weight, what percentage of water does it contain. 62%, 72%, 82% or 92%?
28. A tayberry is a cross between a raspberry and what. Cranberry, Loganberry, Elderberry or Gooseberry?
29. What is the
fruit of a rose called? Berry, Hip, Haw or Drupe?
30. Nerines are closely
related to which other plant? Amaryllis, crocus, iris or tulip?